The role of our school council is to discuss and endorse school plans, policies and budgets; manage recruitment when required – selecting parent representatives to be on a panel; conduct school and program evaluations, analyse and report on results; endorse and monitor school improvement targets; participate in preparation of the Annual Report.
School Council Constitution (pdf 182 KB)
School Council members for 2016
- Matthew Ackerman (rel. Principal and Executive Officer)
- Karen Birrell (P&C President)
- Craig Jones (Parent Representative and President)
- Terri Flynn (Parent Representative and Secretary)
- Sophie Diller (Parent Representative)
- Davina Park (Parent Representative)
- Danielle Bambridge (Staff Representative)
- Caitlin French (Staff Representative)
- Council developed a new Home Learning Policy in consultation with the school community.
- Council led the complicated organisation and planning for the overhead bridge over Anzac Parade and liaised with the Roads and Traffic Authority and Randwick City Council.
- School Council took a leading role in the plans and processes involved in the amalgamation of our two school sites onto one combined campus.
- Council has provided input into the school's Student Behaviour Policy.
Interested parties may attend Council meetings to listen and observe proceedings but may only address the meeting of they have given prior notice of the topic they wish to discuss. Anyone who wishes to raise a matter with the council or who simply wishes to find out more about what the council does, please email firstname.lastname@example.org